Why is the city licensing THC?

The state legislature legalized the sale, possession, and use of intoxicating hemp-derived tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) to adults 21 and older with packaging restrictions. It did not include an enforcement provision to ensure age limits and packaging are in compliance with state law. The City Council carefully discussed the sale and use of intoxicating hemp-derived products including the regulations currently in place for other products such as tobacco and alcohol. They agree to allow local businesses to be competitive with neighboring communities with the same precautions for similar products. Licensing allows for identification of retailers and begins the pathway to ensure compliance. The license fee is comparable to similar licenses which covers the application cost for review, background checks and compliance checks.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a license?
2. Why is the city licensing THC?
3. What are hemp-derived consumable THC products?
4. What kind of products are allowed under the new law?
5. Are there certain restrictions I should be aware of?
6. What if I sell non-intoxicating products that contain CBD?
7. What if I sell products that don't contain THC and are made from exempt parts of a plant such as certain lotion, hemp milk, and/or clothing/textiles?
8. My business has a liquor license and mixes cocktails. Can I use edibles to make infused cocktails?
9. What are the penalties for selling or distributing ingestible hemp-derived THC products without a license?