The Elk River City Council met for a regular meeting, work session and closed meeting on Monday, April 18. Here’s what went down:
Items of interest on the Consent Agenda include:
- Approved a proposal for commissioning services for Fire Station #3 that ensures all lighting and HVAC components are operating with the highest efficiency.
- The transfer of $171,591 of excess fund balance from the General Fund to the Capital Reserve Fund, which is primarily used to purchase replacement technology needs.
- Approved, updated the city’s organizational chart and job descriptions for Community Development and Administration.
- Appointed Suzanne Fischer as Environmental Services and Special Projects Director.
- Hired Joshua Mollan as an Economic Development Intern.
- Promoted Zack Carlton to Community Development Director.
- Approved the purchase of two replacement fire department vehicles.
- Approved an agreement for Technical Environmental Projects with WSB.
- Approved a cooperative agreement with Sherburne County Fire Departments.
The following presentations were made:
- David Williams was recognized as the Mayor’s Volunteer of the Month.
- Proclaimed April as Fair Housing Month.
- Welcomed new Communications Coordinator Klara Porath.
Public hearings were held on the following items before taking action:
- Approved an interim use permit for outdoor storage of garden sheds and furniture for Furniture and Things/Plants and Things.
- Approved a zone change and preliminary plat/final plat for Furniture and Things/Plants and Things.
- Approved a zone change and established a Planned Unit Development for the addition of a Caribou Cabin at Highway 10 and Lowell Avenue.
- Approved a conditional use permit for a kennel at 18753 Cleveland Street – K9 Country Club.
- Continued a land use amendment and land use change for a zone change from single family residential to mixed residential to May 2.
Work session items included:
- Received information regarding organizational structure changes in Public Works and consented to the change.
- Discussed the volunteer recognition program and consented to increasing the per person Farmer’s Market allowance to $10 to thank volunteers for their service to the city.
In closed session, discussed and provided direction regarding a property purchase.
Council meetings are held the first Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m., and the third Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at Elk River City Hall (13065 Orono Parkway). The agenda for a Monday meeting is typically available the Friday before at ElkRiverMN.gov/agendas, and as always meetings are broadcasted live on ErTV Spectrum 180 and on the city’s website, as well as after the fact within 24-48 hours.