The Elk River City Council had a very light agenda at the Monday, March 21 meeting. Here's what you may have missed:
- Amended the Open Burning Ordinance which will simplify the process to get a burning permit.
- Hired Kyle Janson to fill a vacation police officer position. Officer Janson previously was a Sherburne County Corrections Officer.
- Hired Bill Creger to fill a vacant custodian position. Mr. Creger previously was a general maintenance worker at Anoka Ramsey Community College.
- Hired Klara Porath to fill a vacant communications position. Ms. Porath previously worked as a freelance artist and designer.
- Honored Joanna Arbic as Mayors Dietz's March Volunteer of the Month.
- Held a public hearing and approved a conditional use permit to operate a motor vehicle sales and repair shop at 10908 – 171st Avenue
Council meetings are held the first Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m., and the third Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at Elk River City Hall (13065 Orono Parkway). The agenda for a Monday meeting is typically available the Friday before at ElkRiverMN.gov/agendas, and as always meetings are broadcasted live on ErTV Spectrum 180 and on the city’s website, as well as after the fact within 24-48 hours.