Life is busy, and we know that means there isn’t always time to attend or tune into city meetings where elected officials are making decisions about the city you call home. At their first regular Council Meeting of the year, the Elk River City Council officially approved annually required meeting calendars, designations for Official Newspaper (Star News) and Official Depositories on their consent agenda. Other actions included:
- Opened and continued a public hearing to January 18, 2022, for a Public Utility and Drainage Easement Vacation for 13665 – 185th Avenue.
- Held a public hearing and approved a Tax Increment Financing District (#28) for Jackson Hills Residential Suites 2nd Addition. The developer requested $850,000 of tax increment over 15 years to construct a 44-unit apartment building.
- Appointed Councilmember Beyer as Acting Mayor for 2022.
- Approved a resolution of support for an application for a Minnesota Housing Finance Agency workforce grant to Jackson Hills Residential Suites 2nd Addition.
- Appointed Tony Mauren to the Planning Commission and Betsy Gulden to the Multipurpose Facility Advisory Commission.
- Expressed consensus of support for a multi-story class A mini storage at 19645 Evans Street NW.
- Provided staff direction for an amendment to the Elk River Nuisance Code limiting the placement and amount of time soft-sided rubbish dumpsters may be permitted in view on private property.
Council meetings are held the first Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m., and the third Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at Elk River City Hall (13065 Orono Parkway). The agenda for a Monday meeting is typically available the Friday before at ElkRiverMN.gov/agendas, and as always meetings are broadcasted live on ErTV channel 180 and on the city’s website, as well as after the fact within 24-48 hours.