Life is busy, and we know that means there isn’t always time to attend or tune into city meetings where elected officials are making decisions about the city you call home. Here’s what you missed from Monday’s Elk River City Council meeting:
- Mayor Dietz swore in two new police officers, Grace O’Konek and Jason Michaud.
- The Council unanimously approved the 2022 Budget and Property Tax Levy.
- Approved a city-managed fundraising project for a law enforcement monument.
- Approved a union contract with LELS #271, police sergeants.
- Hired Park Maintenance Workers Tim Gallagher and Kyle Murphy.
- Appointed Kelly Voss to the Library Board and reappointed Carol Boelter, both to three-year terms.
- Approved the 2022-2026 Capital Improvement Plan.
- Accepted donations from The Carlson Family Lightshield Foundation for a downtown dock and Zimmerman Fire Relief Association for Parks and Recreation equipment.
Council meetings are held the first Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m., and the third Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at Elk River City Hall (13065 Orono Parkway). The agenda for a Monday meeting is typically available the Friday before at ElkRiverMN.gov/agendas, and as always meetings are broadcasted live on ErTV and on the city’s website, as well as after the fact within 24-48 hours.