The City Council will consider the implementation of a police department Body-worn Camera Program at their Monday, October 19, 2020, meeting. The meeting starts at 6:00 p.m. and you are welcome to attend and provide feedback on the program.
The policy will include the following:
- Procedures for testing recording equipment and addressing malfunctions.
- Guidelines for starting and stopping recordings.
- Guidelines for when recording is mandatory, prohibited, or left to officer discretion.
- Procedures for secure storage of data and compliance with records retention laws.
- Access to the data by other employees and non-employees.
Click here to review the draft policy. Anyone wishing to comment before the meeting should send an email to City Administrator Cal Portner.