As the council continues to complete their business through virtual meetings as a precaution from the state and federal guidance, it’s important for the community to know that resident feedback is still welcomed and essential to our decision-making process. On Monday, May 18, the City Council is tentatively planning to have several public hearings for discussion including:
- Open Forum – An opportunity to express your thoughts and ideas for council consideration.
- CommonBond Elk River Housing Limited Partnership (Open and continue the hearing to June 1. Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on May 26)
- Tall Pines Second Addition (Open and continue the hearing to June 1)
- Conditional Use Permit Applications (Beaudry Oil & Propane, Three Rivers Montessori, Planet Fitness, Knife River Corporation)
- Preliminary Plat Application: Eagles Marsh Fourth Addition
- Easement Vacation: Twin Lakes Road and 175th Avenue
- Ordinance Amendments (Nuisances, Fences, Elk River Plaza District/FAST)
While residents cannot physically be present at the upcoming meeting, you can submit your comments via email to City Administrator Cal Portner for presentation to the Mayor and Council for consideration and to enter them into the official record. Please indicate in the email’s subject line “Public Comment” and include your full name and address to ensure your comment is included in the meeting’s official minutes.
Agendas are typically finalized the Friday before a Monday City Council meeting and are made available online here. Please note agenda items are subject to change leading up to Friday. Residents can view the meetings on the city’s website (live and after the fact within 48 hours) and on ErTV Spectrum channel 180. Be sure to follow Elk River City Government on Facebook for city news, updates on COVID-19 operational changes, and for reminders on upcoming meetings.