The City of Elk River has been working with local, county and state partners to proactively combat the COVID-19 pandemic, while ensuring the protection of employees and members of community. As the situation continues to evolve, City Hall and the Public Works Facility will close to public walk-ins by noon on Friday, March 20 while continuing to provide essential services to residents. The closures listed below are in addition to the already established closures including: Elk River Arena, Activity Center (55+), Elk River Municipal Utilities, Elk River Library, and all Elk River Parks and Recreation programming/reservations.
Because this situation is evolving, the city will evaluate the closure of facilities on an ongoing basis.
City Hall Campus
Access to the building will be closed to the public starting at noon on Friday, March 20. City staff will remain on-site and/or operating remotely until further notice to ensure the needs of the community are still being met. This means:
- All City Council and Commission meetings are cancelled through March.
- Planning and land use applications (plats, conditional use permits, etc.) will be accepted via email, and hard copies can be mailed or dropped off to the secure drop box outside City Hall (13065 Orono Parkway Elk River, MN 55330).
- Licensing inquires can be directed to Jessica Miller, Deputy Clerk, via email..
- Building inspectors will continue with new and existing residential and commercial inspections - call 763.635.1060 if you need to schedule an inspection.
- Access to both Elk River Fire Department stations closed to the public on Wednesday, March 18. Station tours or general access to the stations by fire staff family/friends is prohibited until further notice.
- Call 763.635.1000 to have questions answered or set up a virtual appointment with a city staff member who can assist with your question/inquiry.
Elk River Maintenance Facility
Access to the building will be closed to the public starting at noon on Friday, March 20. This means:
- Compost Site passes cannot be issued in-person at this time. The Compost Site will be accessible to those already with passes. Requests for passes can be made by calling 763.635.1000 and a pass can be issued and sent via mail.