The City of Elk River recognizes the guidelines and recommendations set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Minnesota Department of Health to protect staff, residents and visitors to our city in every way possible from Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). At this time (Monday, March 16) many city facilities remain operational, and cleaning/sanitizing efforts in high-traffic areas has increased substantially including City Hall and the Maintenance Facility. While open, staff encourages residents to handle any business they may have with the city via telephone or online if possible. Emergency services like police and fire operations will remain in effect as usual.
As part of our ongoing effort to proactively minimize COVID-19 public health risks the following facilities are closed and all associated programming has been halted until Monday, March 30:
- Activity Center (55+) - Facility closed and all associated programming halted.
- Elk River Arena - Facility closed, all programs, leagues, open skating, walking track access, etc. halted.
- Elk River Municipal Utilities - Facility closed to the public, with minimal staffing through Monday, March 30. Online bill pay is encouraged and messages can be left for customer service staff at 763.441.2020.
- Elk River YMCA - All city programming offered at the Elk River YMCA is cancelled following an announcement by the YMCA on Sunday, March 15 (available here). All area YMCA facilities (including Elk River) are closed until Monday, March 30, with the exception of childcare services.
- Trott Brook Barn - Closed until further notice. Parks and Recreation staff members will be contacting those with existing reservations that fall within the time of closure for additional information and refund protocol.
- Elk River Library - As of Monday, March 16 at 6:00 p.m. the Library is closed and all programming suspended through Tuesday, March 31.
For more information on what we’re doing on a city-level to keep staff, residents and others safe from COVID-19, some tips on what you can at home or in your own workplace, along with some important resources, please visit ElkRiverMN.gov/COVID19.