We’re pleased to report crime statistics in Elk River for the year 2019 illustrate a major downtrend in many incidents when compared to the previous year. The following stats represent the percentage each crime decreased, or in a few categories increased, in 2019 versus 2018:
- Aggravated Assaults - 28.57% (reduction)
- Burglaries - 43.94% (reduction)
- Arson - 100% (reduction)
- Criminal Sexual Conduct - 25% (increase)
- Robbery - 50% (reduction)
- Theft - 1.08% (increase)
- Vehicle Thefts - 4.10% (reduction)
- Total Part I Crimes - 7.62% (reduction)
Crimes such as aggravated assaults, burglary, theft, robbery, and rape.
- Total Part II Crimes - 6.35% (reduction)
Crimes such as other assaults, forgeries, fraud, vandalism, weapons, sex offenses, narcotics, DWI’s, liquor laws, and disorderly conduct.
2019 also saw a 13.39% reduction in property damage motor vehicle accidents, with an increase in personal injury motor vehicle accidents of 16%.
Officers diligently worked to ensure the highest level of safety on our city streets possible, evidence by a 11.52% increase in traffic citations and a 54.55% increase in written warnings and 7.06% increase in verbal warnings for traffic-related offences.