Attention motorists who routinely travel Highway 10 between Big Lake and Clear Lake, please plan for additional travel time through the area as a series of traffic pattern changes are now underway (starting Friday, July 20). The following changes are needed while crews prepare the road to become a single lane in each direction starting the week of July 23:
- Eastbound Highway 10 at Highway 24 in Clear Lake, and County Road 17 west of Big Lake, reduced to a single lane 24/7.
- Westbound Highway 10 at Lakeshore Drive in Big Lake, reduced to a single lane 24/7.
- Lane closures in both directions of Highway 10 starting Friday, July 20 through Thursday, July 26.
- On Thursday, July 26 the existing lanes of eastbound Highway 10 will close, and Highway 10 between Clear Lake and Big Lake will become a single lane in each direction with head-to-head traffic on the westbound side of the roadway.
- A temporary signal will be installed at Highway 10 and Highway 25 in Becker.
All businesses along Highway 10 will remain accessible during construction, which crews expect to be complete in October. Please use extra caution when traveling through the area. These closures and traffic pattern changes are part of a major safety and mobility improvement project through the corridor. For more information on the project, please visit MnDOT’s website.