Tis the season for garage sales, graduation parties, neighborhood gatherings, and so much more! Signs are an important and effective way to get the word out about these kinds of events, but where you place the signs is equally as important. Elk River City Code allows signs to be placed on private property, with the owner’s permission. Signs placed in public right-of-ways are prohibited and are removed by Code Enforcement Officers. We don’t want your signs - help us help you by NOT placing signs in the following areas:
- In the public right-of-way which is generally 10 feet from the curb into a yard
- On existing objects within the right-of-way like utility poles, street lights, trees, traffic signs, etc.
- In the median of a divided roadway
- On a sidewalk or boulevard
- On city property, including ball fields, park benches, playgrounds, etc.
Signs removed by Elk River city staff are left in a bin outside of the Elk River Maintenance Facility, located at 19000 Procter Ave. Please keep in mind, this bin is accessible to everyone so if your sign is a good one, it may not last long. Still have questions? Please call Code Enforcement at 763-635-1067.