We're preparing for year 2 of the 169 Redefine project with work beginning in April on two new interchanges at School St. and 193rd Ave. You're invited to our informational open house on Tuesday, March 21 from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. at Elk River City Hall to learn more about the timeline, lane closures, and other travel impacts to come. Staff from MnDOT and the City of Elk River will be present.
The event is drop-in style to better fit individual schedules. Guests may arrive at any time to learn, ask questions, and then leave at their convenience.
Plan for 2023 Construction
Crews will construct two new interchanges on Hwy 169 at School St. and Jackson/193rd Ave. Construction includes freeway lanes, adjacent City road and sidewalk connections, utilities and underground infrastructure. Overall, Hwy 169 will be reduced to one-lane in both directions between Main St. and 197th Ave. In mid-April, access will close to/from Hwy 169 at School St. and 193rd Ave. Temporary access will be available, however expect changes.
Here's a tentative schedule:
- Mid-March: Periodic lane closures along northbound Hwy 169 to install noise wall panels between posts
- Early April: Periodic lane closures on Hwy 169 to construct temporary bypass lanes on the west side of southbound Hwy 169
- Mid-April: Close access to/from School St. and Jackson/193rd Ave. Remove signals and begin bridge construction.
Access will be open and maintained to those who work, visit, or live along Hwy 169 in Elk River; however, expect changes and seek alternative routes.
Hwy 169 access will be open to Hwy 10, Main St. and 197th Ave. Also temporary accesses will be available between:
- Holt St. and southbound Hwy 169
- Northbound Hwy 169 and Evans St.