Redistricting involves redrawing boundaries of election districts. This occurs every 10 years after the federal census. The goal is to create equal population, reestablishing election precincts, and designating polling places.
- The Minnesota courts have redrawn Minnesota's congressional districts, Minnesota Senate and House districts and Metropolitan Council districts.
- Sherburne County will redraw its county commissioner districts.
- School districts, park districts, and Soil and Water Conservation Districts will redraw their boundaries.
- Elk River will redraw its wards and precincts boundaries.
Curious about your ward as it currently stands? Click here to Find My Ward through the Minnesota Secretary of State's website.
Key Dates and Deadlines
Below are the key dates for the 2022 redistricting process:
- March 7 - The Elk River City Council adopted new ward and precinct boundaries after a public hearing was held. Click here to view new precincts and polling locations based on the newly adopted city wards.
- April 26 - Deadline for all other redistricting (counties, school districts, park districts, Soil and Water Conservation Districts).
Notification of Changes
Voters whose ward or precinct have changed will be notified via mail. With the changes in 2022, each ward is made up of two precincts, each with their own designated polling location as follows:
Precinct 1A: Elk River City Hall13065 Orono Parkway
Precinct 1B: United Methodist Church
1304 Main Street
Precinct 2A: Elk River Maintenance Facility19000 Proctor Road
Precinct 2B: River of Life Church21695 Elk Lake Road
Precinct 3A: Furniture and Things Community Event Center
1000 School Street
Precinct 3B: ISD 728 District Office11500 193rd Avenue
Precinct 4A: Emmanuel Christian Center18912 Twin Lakes Road
Precinct 4B: ERFD Fire Station #39921 191st Avenue
Questions or concerns can be directed to City Clerk Tina Allard via this online form, or at 763-635-1003.