What is Nexdoor?
Nextdoor is a free, private social networking website and mobile app for your neighborhood. Many neighborhoods in Elk River already have established Nextdoor pages, and now that the city has a page, staff has the ability to communicate a variety of topics such as emergency alerts, street closures, events, and much more to specific neighborhoods directly impacted by different events, or the entire city as a whole.
Why is Nextdoor Beneficial?
Each Nextdoor neighborhood website provides the following features:
- Neighborhood map and directory of neighbors.
- Special sections that allow members to easily access specific information such as Crime and Safety, Lost and Found, Classifieds,
- Recommendations, and free items.
- The ability to create and communicate directly with specific groups of neighbors based on interests, such as runners, parents, or dog owners.
- There is a "Nearby Neighborhoods" feature that allows members to distribute their messages to reach other members through a customized surrounding area of Nextdoor neighborhoods.
- An added method of communication between the City of Elk River, and residents.
How Do I Join Nextdoor?
Joining is simple! If your neighborhood already has a Nextdoor page, please click here to sign up. You can also be invited by an existing member. You will be required to verify your address before you can join.
If your neighborhood doesn't have a Nextdoor page, you can start one by clicking here, and entering your address. Once part of Nextdoor, you'll see posts from your neighbors, as well as from the City of Elk River.